Due to COVID-19, we are prepared to meet with clients virtually with videoconferencing, phone, or email for an in home consultation, mediations, and arbitrations. Feel free to reach out to us because we are here to help!

Call Today 303.622.3828
Your Helping Hand During a Difficult Time.

Boulder Divorce Lawyer

To commence a divorce or dissolution of marriage case the parties together or one of the parties must file a petition for dissolution of marriage. The steps following the filling will vary depending on whether the parties filed jointly or not. Filing of the petition for dissolution of marriage triggers a number of deadlines and meeting those deadlines is essential to getting the divorce finalized and to avoid the risk of getting the case dismissed. Contact us to guide you through this process and to make sure that all your concerns are adequately addressed.

Contact us now to schedule a consultation with our Boulder divorce lawyer!

  1. Uncontested Divorce.

    1. If the parties can reach an agreement with respect to all of the issues in the divorce proceeding, i.e. division of marital assets, allocation of marital debts, parental responsibilities, child support, spousal maintenance, a decree of dissolution can be entered by the court anytime after the 91st day from the date of filing. This process is the fastest and the least expensive way to dissolve a marriage. Even where the parties believe they can reach an agreement on all issues, the parties should seek legal advice to customize and/or review their separation agreement and/or parenting plan to make sure that their specific needs and/or the needs of their children are properly expressed. We often must help those who have filed written agreements which are unclear or ambiguous. We encourage everyone to have an experienced family law attorney review agreement before they are filed with the court. Our unbundled services/limited representation is a perfect fit for these parties.
  2. Contested Divorce

    1. Unlike uncontested divorce, a contested divorce case may take anywhere between 6 to 12 months or longer depending on complexity of the case and the court’s docket. However, just because you and your spouse do not appear to be on the same page and an agreement on all issues appears unlikely, this does not necessarily mean that you will leave it to a judge to determine all of the issues in a contested hearing. At Michael C. Morphew, Attorneys at Law, we strive to settle and create a fair agreement. With our experience and assistance, the vast majority of our cases are resolved without going to court. By helping you reach a settlement, we eliminate the need to prepare for hearing and appear in court as well as saving our clients substantial (sometimes many thousands of dollars) on legal fees and costs, let alone the stress and anxiety associated with court appearance.

Ready to get started? Contact Michael C. Morphew Attorney at Law today to discuss your case.

Why Contact Michael C. Morphew?

  • Family Oriented

    We prioritize the highest degree of amicability for the sake of maintaining peace for the entire family, especially children.

  • Personalized Approach

    Our philosophy is to approach each family's situation in a manner that is creative and addresses that client's particular needs.

  • 45 Years' Experience

    Since 1979, our attorneys have seen it all. We cannot be blindsided and know how to treat any situation with knowledge and professionalism.

“I met Michael through his website. He was unique in that he very clearly stated his value proposition as a family attorney. At the same time he laid out that if you wanted to have him give you an assessment of how he could help it would require a segment of time that he would need to charge for. That unique honestly, compared to offerring free evaluation, that would not have the same value, is the same honestly and integrity he employed towards navigating my issues. That seems to be a rare trait in Family law.”

- R.B.
Contact Us
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.